Friday 30 October 2009

BOOOOOO......

Friday has arrived and the revelery begins... nope I am not falling off my wagon - I have made an educated and mature decision to park it every so nicely and hide the keys for the weekend (you know what they say about drunken driving) so I thought it best not to go near it.
My parents arrive in town today so I think it is a damn good reason to let go of the reigns - don't you? It also means that my party day (aka Saturday) gets brought forward to Friday and will last all the way until Tuesday, the day I bid farewell to my folks when they fly off into the sunset and back home to South Africa.
I am so looking forward to sharing a bottle of white with my mother and having deep and meaningful chats to my dad... it has been awhile!

Tonight my parents get to spend some quality time with and get to know my boyfriend. To be perfectly honest, I am slightly nervous although I am sure it will all be fine. The man is a bit hungover as it was his work farewell last night but he does assure me that he will be on his best behaviour this evening (he bloody better be). He is even quickly popping home to put on his "number ones" (his best jeans and his favourite shirt which I call his "pulling top") especially for the occassion - what a cutie!

Tomorrow of course there will be more festivities - a Halloween party with friends and family! Sunday -maybe a roast lunch and Monday and Tuesday both revolve around pubs, food and shopping!

So if you see my wagon parked somewhere and no one in sight - don't panic, you will not find me crushed under the wheel but rather safely with my parents having a guilt free few days of family bonding! Bring it on.... you know the best thing about growing up is being able to party with the folks - I cannot believe I ever thought they were the biggest "dorks" in the world!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Minxy - its been a while! Good to see you on Sunday too! x

    ReplyDelete