Friday 18 September 2009

The Golden ticket!

Today I feel like Veruca Salt after finding my golden ticket to visit the legendary Willy Wonkers! Only my golden ticket just happens to be row 3 seats for .... wait for it.... a catwalk show at London Fashion Week ! Major pandemonium has erupted as the tickets are for tomorrow at 17h30 and considering my wardrobe is riddled with outdated and slightly boring practical numbers I have to work miracles in the next 24 hours. Yes I know, it is not about me and the press certainly will not be interested in my arrival however, I plan on looking like a fashionista in my own budget on a shoe string kind of way! 'Violet', my partner in crime and the second lucky winner of the golden ticket is as excited as I am and we plan on making a day of it! I am sure there will be plenty of wine, celeb spotting and gossiping... I cannot wait. I am going to have to put Weight Watchers on the back burner for tomorrow as when one is so fortunate to attend such an exclusive event, one must drink wine to celebrate!

I had the dreaded weigh in this week - Princess convinced me to go along with her and face the music. There was no major movement I am sad to say but at least I am down 0.4kgs which means I only have 9.6kgs to go (yawn!) This is going to be a long and rocky road. Princess gained a pound and declared on leaving the delightful little church where we weigh in (how appropriate for confession session) that she would like to "abandon ship" and give up trying to lose weight as she is tired of seeing no change! During my last attempt at Weight Watchers, I went religiously for about 2 months on a weekly basis to weigh in however, my weight kept creeping up! I read in the Weight Watchers magazine that as long as I kept going to the meetings I would be fine and eventually reach goal!? FYI That is so incorrect - this has been tried and tested by me a few times.... one has to physically stop eating the chocolates, drinking the wine and cut out the snacking!

Well regardless of what the scale says - tomorrow I plan on looking like a Goddess and Goddesses come in all shapes and sizes! I will savour the moment of being a guest at London Fashion week's 25th anniversary and nothing is going to ruin my day. Yes fine there won't be skinny jeans but I will think of something whilst this damn body of mine is under construction!

No comments:

Post a Comment