Tuesday 22 September 2009

Princess and the Points

Princess - will be a guest blogger for today as she has decided to ceremoniously give up counting calories! She will continue to be a Goddess but without the stress of a weekly weigh in!
Princess is my partner in crime and I could say we dice each other on our very unstable wagons time and time again... in fact on telling Princess I had spectacularly fallen off the wagon once again last week she replied... "That bloody wagon needs shoulder straps, seat belts and airbags" x

Princess:
Oh what an honour to be invited for a guest appearance to all ye long suffering blog spotters! Although I have commented on blogs before, this is new... so please be gentle with me, I'm just a not-so-small-but-ever-so-innocent girl going the whole way for the first time! I regret to advise that the Princess has decided its all over. Never before I have come so far, yet lost so little. The faithful fat fighters have been incredible with encouragement, the slimming society as I know it have seduced me to salads but the cupcake crew have continued to tempt and taunt me. Even an island holiday within near sight cannot keep me on track. The "Grecian Thoughts" have prevented me from sneaking into the chippie on the cooler days, they've even halted me entering MaccieD's for a quick hangover bacon roll but as the holiday approaches, my willpower has diminished into oblivion. This warm weather weekend found my boyfriend, housemates and me on the sofas playing boardgames, drinking wine and ordering pizza delivery until unsociable hours of the morning. We even prepared ourselves by sending said boyfriend to the garage shop to stock up on crisps, cola, chocolates and popcorn, just in case we fancied anything later and promptly settled in for the night. That was before the pizzas, garlic bread, potato wedges and sour cream dip were delivered slap bang in the middle of the X (cringe) Factor - my new guilty pleasure! We will be joining boyfriend's family on the Greek island of Lesbos. Not been on holiday with the "in-laws" before.... I have met them several times - in fact step-father-in-law was one of the reasons I attended my first WWF(aka Weight Watchers) meetings in the first place. His comments leave me no doubt I am the fattest person he has ever met - not sure if his hippie heart will cope with me in a bathing suit whether its a comfy cozzie or bulging bikini. Minx has very kindly lent me some forgiving items from her wardrobe (I love having a fashionista friend!) some of which are far too small but I'm flattered that she thought they might possibly, just maybe even fit! So this week will be my last visit to WWF. Considering I have attended religiously (better than my church attendance!) and spent a minimum £139.50 on meeting fees and the odd branded snack item in the last 5 months and lost barely 1.5lbs per MONTH - not the success rate I or my leader were looking for! Would rather save up for lipo! On that note, its been a pleasure, have a good week and will think of you, G&T in hand, knowing its POINTless! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment