Tuesday 15 September 2009

The Skinny Gods are watching me!

It is one day before the weigh in. I was feeling terribly confident until 15h00 yesterday afternoon. I was tired and sleepy and possibly a bit grumpy and before I knew it, not only had I nicked jelly babies and fruit gums from the treat table in the office but I was the blimmen caterer! I actually got up from my desk, caught a lift, walked out the front door and to the shops, purchased two bags of sweets, came all the way back up 6 floors, opened the sweets and grabbed a massive hand full of jelly babies and dumped them on the treat table before my conscience set in! Post temporary insanity, I sat in awe of myself trying to work out how many jelly babies and fruit gums had passed my lips and then tried to frantically count the points until I decided to give up.
My trusted Weight Watcher's confidant (Princess) and long time friend suggested a quick drink after work to catch up and drown our sorrows. It was a fabulous idea and fatty mentality led me to believe that I had already screwed up I may as well relax and catch up with my old friend but besides that, it was the eve of my sister and brother-in-laws birthdays so a glass of wine to celebrate was in order ...any excuse for a drink! To end off I even ordered a half price plate of potato wedges for us to share, it was deliciously smothered in cheese and bacon and just out of nowhere, as if the skinny Gods watching me, I singed my pallet on a wedge and crikey it is painful!
Princess and I compared notes on our week's efforts....she has consumed too much cheese and I have too many sweets so tomorrow I am afraid it could go either way. I am praying for a loss, I somehow believe that if I am a complete angel today the dial on the scale may just go in my favour - hold thumbs people...

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKINNYPANTS - lucky for you, you have the perfect excuse to overindulge without a care in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Sharing Whine, Wedges and Wine - what more could a confidante be?? x

    ReplyDelete