Thursday 30 July 2009

The Betrayal

Breaking news......my work pants are feeling looser (I can breath in them again)... amazing! I swear tight pants make me grumpy and when my pants fit nicely, the world is just a much better place! I think I am on top of things at the moment but, I am desperately excited for the weekend, I will be letting my hair down just a little and not being so anal! I so look forward to that and it makes the weekend even more exciting than it already is - I cannot wait for a glass (interpretation = bottle) of wine and not having soup for lunch! One more sleep!

I am so sore all over! If I had to pin point the worst hit, I would have to say it is my butt. The Power Plate (the giant vibrator) was insane - who in the world thought of that? I now do understand the expression"what happens in gym stays in gym" after I felt my cheeks billowing and my body wobbling to the vibrations. My colleague, Amanda, has been selling this class to me for days now, telling me it is so tough and that the sweat just pours off you (charming). I kind of wanted to look like I was as fit as a fiddle and that I was all over it. Well let me tell you... my body betrayed me! There was sweating, grunting, falling off balance and intense heat and redness in my face. The process of showering, getting dressed, packing my bags and walking home felt like the most enormous and painstaking task - ouch! My body did not even give me one day's grace to get stiff, it happened right there and then. Good thing the gym has given me another free session to get into it as I am not so partial on paying for torture!

So today for lunch it is a toss up between Pea and Ham soup (120 cals) and Mushroom and Sherry soup (102 cals). I am not sure about the Sherry and Mushroom combo but it may just numb the pain so perhaps I should go for that. Plus I suppose, it may just give me a little kick, just enough to handle the high pitched sqwark of my ever demanding boss (Black Mamba!)

No comments:

Post a Comment