Thursday 23 July 2009

Still going strong!

Today I am feeling good. I did not hit the snooze button once and my waking thought was not how I wanted to eat an entire cow but rather I was rather taken by the birds tweeting outside the window and my pending spin class. I really need to buy some proper gym attire instead of constantly dealing with wardrobe malfunctions from my wholly (in the crotch) shorts - I must start looking the part.
I am now starting to become a regular with the early morning spin crew. I walked into the studio this morning like I owned the place and gave a little half smile to the usual suspects; the Sinewy Lady (the one that makes me look like Jack the Giant Killer), Miss Marshmallow (the one who makes me feel so much better about being me) and little Miss Tight Pants (the one who makes me feel like I should be eating only 50 calories a day!).
I think all the excercise is paying off. Today for the first time in ages my legs do not feel like vacume packed sausages in my work pants.
I absolutely refused to buy more trousers before I could fit into the ones that I had. I know it is awful and I probablly looked a sight but the key for me, was to just never to look down or look at my bottom half in the mirror, I just pretended I was wearing really tight skinny jeans (Note to self: keep the dream alive!)
Amazingly after a tough morning at the office... I almost forgot to eat my lunch (just kidding - I have not gone over to the darkside). I did not think about food until after 12h00 which I think is good progress I even shamefully, in my sheer state of shock when realising the time, announced this fact so proudly and loudly to my colleagues at 12h05! What these people must think of me!
I am so excited to have my weigh in next Monday, I am just hoping my body does not register Saturday! We are having our big Summer Party!
I am in charge of the food and the theme is British Seaside so the snacks are: mini Cornish Pasties; Pork Pies; Cheese and Onion Rolls, Pesto and Mozzarella on bite size puff pastry squares, cream cheese and chicken Tikka wraps; loads of crisps and dips and to end with ice cream with choc sauce in sugar cones..... and of course cocktails!
Ten thousand five hundred and fifty five calories later...............

Saturday is my biggest test yet... Please God - lead me not into temptation and keep me away from the snack table!
I will be the sad chubby kid in the corner nibbling on my carrot sticks, fruit kebabs turning down the offers of punch and sticking to my pure vodka lime and water!

No comments:

Post a Comment