Friday 31 July 2009

Just a sliver...

People... I am taking strain - I am hanging on by a hair's breath (well kind of, sort of... not really). I had a sliver of cake (Natalie, my colleague's birthday), then I had another sliver of cake and then.... I had another sliver of cake so, I am just going to have come clean and say... I had a piece of Vanilla Butter Icing Cake (450 cals per slice)! It was divine!
However, It is Friday (excuse number 1) and Black Mamba (excuse number 2) pushed my buttons so hard today I wanted to pull that stupid wig off her head! Yes I know the truth and I can expose her but, I protect all her silly little secrets so as to make her seem powerful and professional. Sometimes I think I suffer from something similar to Stockholm syndrome: [An extraordinary phenomenon in which a hostage begins to identify with and grown sympathetic to their captor.]

Black Mamba is blatantly rude and patronising, but most bizarrely, I always find myself saying "yes" and running after her and ensuring her every need is met.
I am even one of the only staff members able to get away with wearing trainers to work as I literally run from pillar to post making sure she is in the right place at the right time!
On that note, I must actually stop ranting about her or I will find myself once again at the treat table cutting myself another sliver of Vanilla Butter Icing Cake!

Oh my Goodness I now have to go out for Natalie's birthday lunch, the question is, how am I going to stick to my calorie counting?
No soup for lunch... what an absolute pleasure! [Note to self: I must remember not to eat as though it is the last day on earth I will ever get to eat again.]
I am trying to become a skinny person in my head so that when I have a treat, that is what it is, just a treat, nothing more and nothing less. I have a terrible tendency to have the attitude: "Oh well I buggered up my diet today, I am just going to right the day off and start again tomorrow" and of course the treat becomes a food festival of sorts.
LESSON NUMBER 1(apparently): That is fatty mentality - let it go! Don't right your days off, start again after your treat, today not tomorrow - no big deal!
(Whilst I am writing this, I am concentrating very hard on not sticking my finger straight back onto the treat table to swipe another taster of the yummy icing!)

I am counting down the hours until home time... 5 more to go! I am so excited to have a relaxing weekend and of course I will be so far away from the bloody treat table so I won't be in any danger! I have a braai/barbeque on Saturday and luckily there will not be any cocktails or pastries - just a little chilled white vino after a long hard week which I think is well deserved (excuse number 3).

LUNCH TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment