Tuesday 28 July 2009

If the dress fits...

Well yesterday was a great success - I am officially on to week two without a glitch, I am just taking the "out of control weekend" as a necessity. Fun times = Happy= which of course = Goddess! I must remember though, fun times do not necessarily mean wearing the "yellow jersey" in the art of pastry eating and cocktail drinking!

Today is going pretty well - I woke up early, did a spinning class and raced into work at a rate of knots so that the Black Mamba would not notice I was missing in action. If she could, she would have me here at the break of dawn. BM even has the cheek to send me messages all through the night - I am blaming her for at least 5 of my 10 stubborn kilograms!
I must say I do moan about my weight quite a lot but I do only consider myself a wee bit heavy (well I sincerely hope that is the case and I am not having dellusions of grandeur). A few days ago I forgot to mention that my lovely but extremely pregnant friend (due in very early September) wanted to borrow a dress of mine to wear to a wedding. What? Mmm.... I thought long and hard (about 5 seconds), took a few very deep breathes and very cooly said "no problem darling - knock yourself out". I thought she had lost the plot, how could my friend, who is about to pop, fit into my dress. I thought best thing is not to argue with hormones! I secretly hoped when I handed the dress over that this damn frock would not go over her left thigh. My sweet and kind friend texted me a bit later to say "thank you so much for the kind favour, the dress fits like a glove, you are a star!" - WHAT!??????????????? I could not believe my ears, I was horrified. Plus, she thinks I have good taste so she told everyone it was mine! Let me tell you the worst part....... SHE IS PREGNANT WITH TWINS!
When I think of that story I just cringe but it does keep me on the straight and narrow. I must say, I do look forward to being pregnant one day (hopefully it will be with triplets) and I will definitely be giving her a call when I have a wardrobe crisis!!

I am now off to a PA meeting, how joyful! We will be discussing ways to improve our subservience for the greater good - cannot wait!
Till tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. hey joining you on your quest for zero defect..been quite good so far..managed to avoid eating my son's toasted cheese sandwich..only just ...weigh in on friday for the first one...eek.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey made a mistake, it is me...hotpants joining the qfzd...hopefully I will find and fit into a pair for Christmas hols...here is hoping to compete with my sexy, tiny, very young cousins..

    ReplyDelete
  3. (and your very sexy, tiny young sister)ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete