Monday 20 July 2009

One More Sleep!

I sit here on the even of D Day, I am absolutely exahusted and feeling a lot like a stuffed Turkey. As one does when one is "starting on Monday", this weekend, I managed to eat enough for a small developing country. After a boozy and enormous braai (barbeque) today, I still managed to squeeze in the "Last Supper" before D Day, which involved Pompedoms, Naan bread, wine , rice, a Korma and a lamb curry. I am now totally full up, feeling positively ill and feel rather ashamed of myself with my feet up on the coffee table and my lap top balanced on my ever expaning stomach.

The extreme eating (yes indeed, this weekend I treated it like a sport) started on Saturday. It started at the crack of dawn with my housmate and I heading on a roadtrip to a friend's wedding in North London, I was in charge of the make up for the entire bridal entourage. This is where the damage begun and I think you will agree that I cannot be held wholly responsible for my actions, you see, the bride and the bridesmaid between the two of them lost 50kg for the occassion. They looked phenomenal. They are indeed the Weight Watchers gurus of London. I could not stop starring at their new svelte frames. They have always been beautiful girls but in a very Rubenesque kind of way, but there they were with the whole package, stunning looks and cute figures! The two of them decided that they had worked so hard to look so good for the wedding and that there was nothing more they could do on the morning of the wedding so breakfast was a huge bag of assorted chocolates and sweets. I just walzed into the room, set up camp with all the make up and feeling rather ravenous I found myself munching away on a Twix bar with some clear evidence (I have photos to prove it) of chocolate debris around my mouth. I celebrated with them as If I was a Weight Watchers mag cover girl but... no such luck, I failed dismally at WW. I even started to call it WWF as I just kept putting on Weight. It was so humiliating going to those meetings every week and watching the weight creep up. The funniest thing is that my leader Terace, did not even really ask me about what the problem was. I sincerely hope that Terace and her sidekick did not have the giggles about their one client that thought she needed to put some 'meat on them bones'!

Well I am ready for tomorrow and look forward to a change, a challenge and transforming myself, (that is of course only If I can lift myself off the couch and get going!). Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment