Friday 17 July 2009

Operation Goddess

D-day is looming and I can almost smell the grand prize of becoming a Goddess, a head turner, a hottie. Call it what you will, you know what I am talking about and I want it!I have just done an online survey on whether it is really necessary for me to lose weight...... I knew the answer so God only knows why I bothered but here is the first positive - I was congratulated on not being obese! Ladies and Gentlemen sound the horns and pop the champagne it is great news. I am not obese, I am just overweight (which I should say has been a constant in my life.)I have been in this "overweight" state since age 9.I remember distinctly my aunt trying to teach me how to imagine a carrot was the most enormous and delicious piece of chocolate I had ever tasted. My aunt was trying to get me to step away from the after dinner treats all my cousins happily consumed during the holidays without a care in the world. This psychological trickery fell flat on me - I kept imagining the chocolate was just a carrot!One Easter, during the eventful hunt for eggs, I, along with my cousins, were savagely turning my Grandmother's garden upside down looking for the well hidden delicious chocolaty treats. I was the last man standing without my eggs and then... there like a beacon in a dark night, was the post box and I knew I was onto a good thing. I excitedly opened the trapdoor only to discover a tub of "low fat feta cheese" and yes, that was my Easter surprise!My mother would never single handedly be so cruel, she was only giving into the desperate please from her chubby little 11 year old who so tiresomely wanted to be cool and fit in with her slender pals..There have been a few times when I have been so close to super "hotness" only to have it so cruelly snatched away from me by University, the discovery of alcohol and arriving in London (the Heathrow injection).For a good part of my prime years I spent so much energy hiding behind oversized tracksuit tops, sleeved t-shirts, swimming shorts and sarongs. I thought that the less effort I put in and the better my disguise, the more invisible (especially to the opposite sex) I would become and no one would even notice me but HELLO........ enough of that, please look at me and notice me now - I am ready for the world and the world is ready for me!!The goal of achieving Goddess status is in my reach and I am going to make it happen! I am starting with grooming, pampering, getting fit and getting rid of the stubborn pounds that have been haunting me all these years. I keep dreaming about my outfit for my "coming out of the Plain Jane phase and becoming a Minx party". I am thinking skinny jeans and a bejewelled racer back vest with a sexy pair of heels....you think that's too much!? Mmm.... well I suppose if Iv'e got it I must flaunt it.I challenge anyone who is willing to find their inner Goddess with me..... transform yourself, learn a new skill, lose the weight that has been giving you nightmares, start grooming, revamp your wardrobe, learn how to Salsa..... what ever works for you and keep us updated! 4 days to Operation Goddess.... watch this space!

1 comment: