Wednesday 29 July 2009

What happens in gym stays in gym!

I am on day 10 of "Operation Goddess" and the idea of eating low GI, fat free, low cal diet, bland and boring diet food is making want to be ill! One more bowl of soup and I might just lose my mind. I actually am not craving anything too extravagant or decadent.... just the chocolate cake seated beside me! No no, I really am just kidding, but the little chocolate balls on top of the vanilla and chocolate icing really do look divine compared to yet another bowl of veggie soup....
I am actually amazed at my will power. I am secretly rather pleased with myself whilst I sit here watching all my colleagues indulging on the treats people have brought back from their holidays such as Hershey's chocolate bars from the States, Nougat from Malta, Turkish Delight from Cyprus and chocolate biscuits from Croatia! So I don't get to go on the holiday or feast on the treasures from the Motherland.... but at least I will be hot and wearing skinny jeans!!
Tonight I am going to Powerplate (AKA the giant vibrator) with 'gym club' - (a gang of us work colleagues who are giving it horns to achieve Goddess status). Our 'Gym club' members come in all shapes and sizes and of course varying enthusiasm and co-ordination. I am a fairly new addition to the club so I have been warned that "what happens at gym stays at gym" - ooh I am dying to see what happens in these classes... I am imagining lots of wobbly bits, tongues hanging out, red faces and intense concentration. This is the kind of state you never would like your colleagues to see you in. You always try to maintain some kind of professionalism with your colleagues, they do not need to see you in spandex, flustered and struggling for oxygen - it is just not a good look and any evidence of this could be good fodder for blackmail!
The upside is we have "a little team" and to avoid embarrassment we work our butts off (one can only hope). We are so competitive and try desperately to prove to each other that we are fit and on top of things, so perhaps working out with your colleagues is actually the way to go!

I need to sign off as my boss has asked me to run around to all the meeting rooms and steal some orange juice as she is "parched".... ! Can you see why this woman is responsible for at least 5 of my 10 stubborn kilograms?

1 comment:

  1. Never made it to the gym as promised today as some visitors arrived out of the blue, literally!!! (good excuse but true), but...did not have one tiny taste of the cup cakes I made for my couz who just had a baby!! Hot pants here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete