Friday 24 July 2009

Moderation... (Yawn!)

Yaaih it is Friday, I thought this day would never come! Usually Friday would means chill out, kick back, let go and definitely forget about the diet!
I would have wine on the menu for this evening and I would probablly be off to the local to solve the world's problems with my mates. Alas alack, considering my new found "skinny chick" mentality is not quite ingrained as of yet, I am going to ensure I walk past the pub and straight home and perhaps throw myself a pity party with carrot sticks and apples - you keen?

My mother has always mantained the cutest little figure because she is basically the ambassador of that boring and very annoying 10 letter word..... M O D E R A T I O N.
I have been told once before, I forget by who, to never ever do too much of anything because that will mean at some stage of your life, you are going to have to quit whatever you have over indulged on and it is the quitting your favourite things that kills your spirit. Mom, on that note, I do regret devouring all the household treats when I was a kid. You were right, moderation is the answer to world tension. I do so wish I did not have to give anything up to find my inner Goddess...

In the house we grew up in, we had a passage that went on for what seemed like miles to my 8 year old mind. Our lounge and bedrooms were right at the top of the passage and the kitchen at the bottom. My dad used to send me on 'secret missions', of course he would time me, to go grab him a beer out the fridge. I used to sprint as fast as I could singing "Jesus loves me this I know" (Sunday School classic) all the way to the the bottom of the passage to ensure the baddies did not attack me en route.
In the daylight however, I was far braver. My mom would have a quick afternoon lie down (our bedrooms were adjacent) and I would slowly creep up the passage step by step to find the secret stash of mini chocolate bars or perhaps steal some ice-cream from the freezer. I tip toed so gracefully and knew how to avoid every creek that there was however, as I found the "treasure" and was about celebrate my victory of finding the new secret hiding place by stuffing a chocolate down my throat, I would hear my mom shout "V-i-c-t-o-r-i-aaaaa - what are you doing?" How did my mother know? Of course my sister (she got the moderation gene) never blimmen pinched anything so in our house I could never put the blame on her. I tried it a few times but I think resident Nancy Drew might have smelt a rat when skinny daughter with angelic smile stood next to the little short chubby one with a chocolate trail all he way down her dress.

I read my star sign this morning - could it be more accurate!

Aquarius (Jan 21 to Feb 19)
Strengthen your resolve to ahcieve a goal by informing someone else -
or even multiple people - of your quest, Aquarius. Because that way,
you'll have the added - an at the moment, much needed - pressure of realising
that you will look silly if you fall short. It's tough love, but it's going to work, you know

Could I please add "very" tough love!! Have a good weekend fellow Goddesses, wish me luck for Saturday! I know I can do it, if I just keep strong I am that much closer to skinny jeans... bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment