Friday 17 July 2009

Victoria's Secret

1 day down and 3 to go until D-Day. Without sounding smug, I am actually excited to start my mission to find the Goddess factor (I say this while munching my breakfast and accidentally landing some porridge in my hair) - clearly I have a problem! If the food is missing your mouth and landing in your hair there is definitely a bit of over eagerness for consumption. I did go to gym this morning before so I am claiming my over eagerness is justified.
I signed up for the gym a week ago and so far I have been 6 times! As with every aspect of my life I always start off at 100 miles per hour, over enthusiasic and always thinking to myself that this might be the one thing that could change my life, sadly,the enthusiasm usually wanes when life gets in the way and social engagements tipple my once polished halo right off my head.!

On Monday I did so many lunges and squats! Lunges and squats, according to Goddess Champion of the world.... Heidi Klum, are what magically transformed her body and got her ready for the Victoria Secret fashion shows. Transformed? I beg to differ somewhat, the woman was born hot - 3 lunges a day would probablly be enough to keep her toned and gorgeous for life however, I believe the woman, she looks ridiculously good, she must know something we don't!
The lunges clearly work...well I cannot see the difference but I can certainly feel the difference. I have spent the whole week walking like I am trying to hold a penny inbetween my knees. I am so stiff that I automatically groan without thinking, everytime I stand up or sit down. My colleague (and fellow member of the same gym) thinks this is hysterical! I tease her because she is such a ninny, she just sticks to Power Plate (aka the giant vibrator) and lets that damn machine do all the work! I am definitely going to give this Powerplate a go, there is a lot of talk about this machine - I want to see if it works.

The weekend ahead holds promise and excitement with a back to back diary. I am kicking off with a birthday party tonight, a wedding tomorrow and a barbeque on Sunday - I could not think of a better way to end my "Plain Jane-ness" with style. I have a sneaky suspicion the next few weeks and the start to my mission are going to be long and dreary days but I certainly will survive! Weeks 1 to 4 are a bit like bootcamp where you give it your best shot, get motivated and inspired and see results but it is worth it isn't it!?

So this Sunday I will bit a fond farewell to my lovely friends: white wine, Hagen Daz, Ben and Jerry's, Jelly Tots and Pringles (I have tried and tested this, once you pop you really cannot stop). The wine is going to be the biggest sacrafice and the most tricky to forget about. Don't worry Goddess's can drink wine, this one just needs to "have a trial separation" in order to become elegantly waisted!

I have found an inspirational song to keep me going and I will be playing this song on full blast whenever I want to give up...


"You ain't seen nothin' yet, B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet, Here's something that you never gonna forget, B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet. "
Bachman-Turner

1 comment:

  1. ok you have truely inspired me...will try attempt some excercise on Monday (not counting lifting my baby out of his cot!!)

    ReplyDelete