Wednesday 5 August 2009

Armageddon

I slept like the dead last night. The sound of my alarm clock this morning was excruciating but nevertheless I got up, got dressed and walked the station and before I knew it I was on the train and it was to late to turn back. I yawned the entire way, even perched on my bike and waiting for the instructor to arrive, I was still yawning... but then my peaceful little world was shattered! In she came.... seriously she must be some kind of descendant to Adolf himself. The woman wore camo and did not stop screaming and grunting from beginning to end, I constantly thought I was in trouble even taking a sip from my water bottle seemed to be a problem for her. By the end of it, Superbitch almost had us passing out and if you are thinking I was in a bad way you should have seen the sinewy extremely skinny chick, she was almost comatosed.
There was a lot of sweating, moaning and angst and I knew by the end of the session I had worked my butt off like never before. We all came out of the class breathing (barely), not saying a word but walking in what appeared to be slow motion up to the change rooms. It feels like our spin group from this morning has bonded for life after surviving a secret mission from saving the world from a potential mass destruction (cannot believe I have bonded for life with the skinny sinewy chick - unlikely friends, a bit like Laurel and Hardy?) I could not even put my make up on before work as my face was on fire and my foundation and mascara just melted off!

Other than my hectic wake up call, I am doing okay, I am actually feeling quite trim today. There are an array of snacks lining our treat table but right now I am not even bothered with it all although it has to be said, everyone knows about what I am doing so they would not let me near the damn table even if my life depended on it. My one colleague is now on "Operation Goddess" with me (day 1) ha ha, so glad day 1 is just a bad memory for me. She is such a bloody "goodie goodie" she is saving her snacks until 3 o'clock tea time!
Today I have been answering all her questions and various other colleagues and advising her of how to deal with hunger pangs, how much weight I have lost, what food choices are correct... I feel like a real old pro!
Am I becoming the local "Fairy God(ess) Mother? Yes people - I think so!? So now the pressure is on .... best I look the part!

1 comment:

  1. just to let you know that I have been to gym twice in one week (after being threatened that my membership would be cancelled)...what an inspiration you are!

    ReplyDelete