Wednesday 12 August 2009

Pandora's box

I woke up this morning with a twinkle in eye and a swagger in my step - oh my God, I could barely contain myself as only two days left until the weekend so I turned on the TV and to watch the news whilst getting dressed for work and with absolute horror I heard.... "Wednesday the 12th August". Don't you just hate it when that happens? So like a harsh reality it is only blimmen Wednesday. BM is meant to be out the office all day but as if on purpose, she has cancelled every single appointment so she can just sit and breath down my neck all day. BM is one of those types that wants everyone to know she is so busy and that "she is doing four people's jobs blah blah blah", she even announced in a rage that she was the hardest working person in this business and that she works 27 hours a day..... yes people she said that, to think she is the big earner in our relationship...

Yesterday was not all that great on the body beautiful plan. That stupid chocolate from France came back to haunt me as I neglected to throw it in the bin, well I had to do something so... I ate it. I actually ate far too much but snacked on good things as opposed to the usual binge menu of Maltesers, Randoms, Aero bubbles and pretzels. Suddenly, late afternoon I got an attack of conscience and decided to frantically add up all the calories of the bits and bobs I had eaten to see how evil I had actually been. Had I screwed up to the point of no return to the point that you right a day off or, was I still in the Goddess game? You will not believe it, after snacking up a storm on oatbakes, a soya yogurt, a fruit bar and crackers I was still under my 1200 calories and still had room for dinner - wow!! I must be learning here, perhaps I really am on the road to hotness.

I actually beat myself up quite often with regards to eating too much crap and get so anal about eating good foods but sometimes I think I am actually quite tame, there are some big players out there.... you should see my colleagues that sit in close proximity to me. Lately I have been watching what other people eat as I wanted to see how other women manage their diets and of course, I cannot help ogling at everyone else's food when I know I have a very boring 80 calorie soup in front of me to feed the midday hunger. When I ease myself up to peer over the divider it is like seeing Pandora's box open in all its glory...there are crisps, cokes, chocolates, cheese paninis and a few ready meals. My colleagues "lunch packs" usually are made up of a bit of a 'meal deal'... a coke, a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a bag of crips and a chocolate. Good lord, If I had that everyday I would be the size of a house, in fact, if I just looked at a meal deal I would be the size of a house!

I am still being a Fairy God(ess) Mother and supporting the newbie Georgina - her and I talk calories, lost inches, shoes and handbags - a true star Goddess in training... at least we have each other to ensure no "meal deals" pass our lips and tonight we are off to gym club once again to the very unnerving Power Plate (the giant vibrator) for a wobble and tone.... I am not feeling that slender this week but I am telling myself that it is my "body adjusting" to keep me sane and sober!

No comments:

Post a Comment