Monday 17 August 2009

Calm after the Storm

Ah another Monday and I suppose it is confession time....
I sit here hanging my head in shame, I had a calorific disaster of mammoth proportions this weekend. I am not even going to say I fell off the wagon... right now I would have to say the wagon threw me off and then rode over me a few times and does not particularly want me back on it!
What a shame, to think I was doing so well...

This morning I was in a complete panic, I had a notebook out frantically writing out a new gym regime (obviously I had to up it to twice daily), designed a diet of about 250 calories per day and banned myself from all alcohol and social functions until the end of time!
How could I be so reckless as to undo all my efforts - Oh my God, what diet should I try next? Weight Watchers, Weigh Less, Sure Slim, Atkins, Cabbage Soup - Ah no, it is all so tiring!

GET A GRIP WOMAN !!!!! Okay so after a couple of deep breaths and after giving myself a pep talk I calmed down to a meer panic.
Another mishap so what... I am a late bloomer, I have always known that so perhaps turning into a Goddess might take a bit longer than initially anticipated, so it appears that those skinny jeans are on the "top shelf" and hard to reach as opposed to in my grasp. I just hope they are bloody still in fashion when I am able to wear them.
So, despite my own disasterous weekend I managed to "Spread the word of finding one's inner Goddess" far and wide on Friday night after a few tipples so at least something went right...

-I invented "Friday - dare day" and managed to convince my posse to try it out this week. The girls have to try something new, experiment, push their boundaries and wear something, even a colour out of their comfort zone.


-I offered my services to revamp a girl's wardrobe and,


-I styled a friend there and then in the local pub from "drab to fab" when we noticed a old hunky conquest of hers had arrived at our drinking hole and... it worked!


Okay so for me and my own personal goals, it is back to the drawing board once again... I suppose the most important thing is not to give up!

I read this in a magazine this weekend, I forget who it is by:
"There is no such thing as an plain woman, only one that has not realised her full potential" - well there we go, even though I am a late bloomer, I will still be a beautiful flower one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment