Monday 24 August 2009

A porky but happy Goddess lies here.....

Another Monday, all calm and collected. No usual blues or aggravation with Black Mamba just totally "zenned out"! I have my flu caps to thank for my day through rose tinted glasses. I have not been feeling that 'hotsy totsy' this weekend, a few aches and pains, sore throat, sinus issues, earache and sleepiness and no it is not "Swine" or "Wine Flu" although I have to say that both (swine and wine) were very much part of my weekend - the swine (piggy): aka me... after eating blimmen Ben and Jerry's ice cream yesterday after a rib and steak barbeque/braai and then of course the wine which is what washed all the food down with!
I will not make reference to falling off the wagon today or confess my ever amounting sins and the reason being is that I had such a fantastic weekend that somehow made the every expanding waistline a complete non-issue. You see, my boyfriend treated me like a Goddess the entire weekend, he cooked my friends and I delicious food whilst I drank wine, played 30 seconds (and won) and solved the world's problems. To top it off we ended it all off with a braai in the most beautiful sunshine (oh yes I forgot, I also had a long lazy two course breakfast with an old friend on Saturday. I will not confess anymore but I will just say it was not good... it involved Belgium chocolate!)
Although I continuously strive to reach Goddess status physically and will continue to do so, I have realised a large part of the Goddess factor is attitude and of course surrounding yourself with people that love you. They are the people that treat you like a princess regardless of the spare tyre around the waist, the silly job or sad bank balance amongst other things. My dad calls these people "foul weather friends" - they are those good people that think the sun shines out of your bum even when the "storm" is at its worst!
So if I die today, my epitaph will read: "a porky but very happy Goddess lies here".... is that really so bad?

OH MY GOD.....there go the rose tinted glasses.... my line manager is cutting his nails at his desk... is this not on the top 5 social taboos of all time? I think I need another flu cap (or five)

Hope you all have a happy Monday - you have 5 days to prepare for "FRIDAY DARE DAY" - think about it people...

No comments:

Post a Comment