Tuesday 11 August 2009

Patience is a Virtue...

At exactly 10h35 am this morning I walked passed the treat table and without thinking reached out and grabbed "yummy surprises from the South of France". I eagerly opened the wrapper and without a second thought, put the chocolate in my mouth and then,out of nowhere.... "SKINNY BRAIN" came to the rescue and saved me or rather saved me from an expanding waistline and I have no doubt, an entire day of gorging on chocolate. In "Fatty Mentality" the maths is simple; there is no such thing as a 'sliver', a 'nibble' or a 'bite' and obviously one of anything actually means fifty! I feel quite smug, right in front of me lies the untouched and re-wrapped chocolate and I have no desire to eat it - however before I get too cocky, I should dispose of it just in case I lose my concentration in those desperate hours before close of day.

Oh my word my lunch is almost finished, how sad and considering I finished my entire snack pack before 11h00 means the next morsel that passes my lips will be at 20h00, you would think that by now in week four I would be a pro at staggering my meals but ... no such luck!
Tonight I am going to the gym for a little runaround. Hopefully it will be quick and effective, today's target = "bingo wings"! This weekend I prematurely decided to wear a racer back top to the "family braai/barbeque." The aim was to wear a top underneath the racer back to ensure no excess skin was on display however, the two tops on top of each other did me a gross injustice by making me look enormous.
I had no option, I had to be brave, grit my teeth and attempted to wear the bright red racer back top with pride. I was at my boyfriend's house and it was the only clothing option I had. Thank God whenever you catch your reflection you can never see your back so, what I could not see of course, could not ruin my day. I am however, fully aware that this may have been a terrible wardrobe malfunction which everyone has decided not to tell me about!
Note to all, never jump the gun and attempt wearing your "Goddess unveiling" dream outfit before it is time!
Patience is key - I need to accept that transforming myself is not going to happen overnight. I am not an idiot, I knew all along I was not going to just go to bed one day and wake up looking like Cindy Crawford. I did think perhaps it could or just may be able to happen over a month?! Is a month too much to ask?
Alright enough of the silliness, I better stop moaning or you know what is going to happen.... the chocolate will go straight back in the mouth and this time for good!
Moral of the story... the magic potion that will turn you into a Goddess is patience (Boring huh - but so true it hurts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment