Wednesday 26 August 2009

Writer's block

I actually feel ill I am so over-excited! My boss has just finally bloody left the building for an external two hour meeting.... ah the small mercies! For a very hair raising and scary minute I thought the meeting was cancelled, I would have been stuck with the Black Mamba on her crazy war path for the entire day... Luckily she was in such a foul mood that I did not move from my seat or have a chance to inspect the goodies from the treat table so perhaps I should thank her.

I am afraid I don't have anything too exciting to tell you today despite being relaxed and happy post Black Mamba's exit. I think I may have "writer's block" - perhaps it is because my pants feel so tight that they are somehow interfering with the oxygen supply to my brain!
I am just having one of those days... bad hair day (static electricity and dark roots starting to show themselves), two pimples are dominating my face (let's call them Ben and Jerry) and my paunch seems to be growing (think I am having a food baby)!
Oh yes and then.....in today's Metro Cindy Crawford is quoted as saying:
"I have cellulite - I admit it. But sometimes I just think - screw it - I am going to wear a bikini"... - I am starting to think, as hot as she is, she is not a Goddess - I mean who says that? Real woman have to say "screw it" everyday and it is not even when you are about to don a string bikini in the Bahammas, it may even just be putting on a t-shirt or a dress for work! Big deal Cindy - dry your eyes!

So here I sit, about to sign off, eating my chunky vegetable soup (86 calories), attempting to see the light at the other end of my "food baby" tunnel, only to hear the determined chomping of my colleague ploughing through her cheese panini. For dessert, my colleague has a coke, Cadbury buttons and wine gums..... me on the otherhand, I have a low fat soya yogurt, a litre of water and an apple!

I have to hang in there. I once read this sweet quote:
"by perserverance, even the snails got to the arc"

Judging by the rate of my weight loss I am definitely the snail in this story so, on that note........................
HOLD ON NOAH - I AM COMING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment