Monday 10 August 2009

If you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen!

Well what can I say... my Monday posts are my "Church" ... once again I have a confession.... "Skinny brain" abandoned wagon from the minute I signed off on Friday. I have the most amazing ability, despite having good willpower 99% of the time, to somehow justify all untoward behaviour with the comment "ah life is too short" - that comment just stitches me up and then it is all downhill from there. At the time, it is with out a doubt the correct decision but the next day, my tail is between my legs and life is not short at all but a bloody long road to goal weight!!

As I mentioned on Friday, my boyfriend's family joined us for a big barbecue on Sunday (the one that almost ended in a trial separation over the menu). Yes, you will be disappointed to hear that I ate chocolate, bread, ice cream, apple crumble, roast potato you name it or any food group for that matter - I ate it but, please give me some forgiveness though as I managed to out do my man with our silly little culinary "competition". Please note, I made apple crumble....it was a last minute solution as the boyfriend's Pavlova flopped spectacularly! I cannot take all the credit, I was on a hotline to my mother and sister the whole morning getting tips, suggestions and recipes. I had to do this in private of course so as to not let on that I might not be the domestic Goddess he may think I am. I really wanted to beat him in the kitchen but I felt so sad when he had to throw the meringue away, he looked absolutely defeated and desperate. The poor man was so keen to impress his family and pay them back for their generosity with his hospitality that the pressure was too much that whatever could go wrong did go wrong!
We had a chat yesterday and he thanked me for all my help and for doing such a good job and I had to tell him that my Mom helped me with everything and saved the day!!
I think it is fair to say is that "team work" won at the end of the day...... well until next time of course!!

Monday morning started off eerily calm at the office. I was treading softly as I felt there was potential mayhem hiding behind every minute that past.
It has been a unusually easy glide into Monday. I started off with a gym session followed by a leisurely stroll into the office at the ridiculously late time of 9am (my boss was at an external meeting), I then discovered that the entire network was down, so no computers and no phones were working - what an absolute pleasure!
I happily sat at my desk munching away at my 120 calories worth of Granola and read the paper - such bliss.
Black Mamba then arrived, and like a foghorn, broke the peace and shattered my "happy place" and jolted me back to reality.... I wonder what the week holds for me and my captor - BM?

No weigh in this morning I am afraid to say - I just could not face the music and Monday morning is bad enough without the drama of seeing the damage of a weekend off the wagon.

Perhaps I will have some good news tomorrow.... watch this space!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment