Friday 14 August 2009

Battle of the Titans

HAPPY FRIDAY!

The weekend is almost here, how glorious and to add to that, Black Mamba and my line manager are out of the office...
There is no mayhem or bad behaviour just a whole bunch of happy cheery people all excitable and in great moods. The only problem is, now that my boss seems to be bunking Fridays, all the girls go for lunch. On the surface it sounds fabulous but I have to eat my bloody 46 calorie soup! Grrrr!
As luck would have it, the bat did get to me yesterday so my halo came crashing down off my head and was replaced by evil little devil horns. Obviously it was not my fault (an excuse but you will understand...).
BM called me for a 121 meeting where we sit down together and just speak about her and only her of course for about 45mins.
Anyway, she bought me a "surprise" which she saved especially for our meeting... she built it up and built it up and I was wondering what in the world could this awesome surprise be. BM apparently felt I deserved a treat after a hard week of work. At 15h00 we sat down for our "chat" and then she gives me a little box, I open it and there it is ..... the anti christ has bought me a freaking 25 000 calorie door stopper size of Baklava. The woman was so proud of herself and I was just sitting there staring at her during our very own mini amnesty commission. First BM took a bite of her piece. As she clapped her jaws together issuing instructions, sticky goo escaped the sides of her lips and the filo pastry shrapnel found my forehead a few times then in mid chew she says, "come on, come on, eat up - don't you like my surprise?"

And people, there it was - the moment of no return.......
25 000 calories!

BM thinks she handed me an olive branch but oh no - she has handed me a trident! Game on lady, I ate under duress (okay fine I admit, it was good) but could I actually say no? Could I? No way. I am onto her!
I am thinking bringing a few South African delicacies into work, I think I will be starting off with a:

"Koeksister", she won't have a clue (for those of you that don't know: It is a South African syrup-coated doughnut in a twisted or braided shape (like a plait). It is prepared by deep-frying dough in oil, then dipping the fried dough into cold sugar syrup. Best eaten cold, koeksisters are very sticky and sweet and taste like honey. - Wikipedia) or a,

"vetkoek" (It is dough deep-fried in cooking oil and either filled with cooked mince or spread with syrup or honey or jam. It is thought to have its origins in Oliebollen, which go back to the time of the migration period. It is similar in taste to Mexican Sopapillas).

I will tell her they are Weight Watchers... (probably 50 points a pop) ha ha!
Watch this space, it is war.... the GODDESS versus GODZILLA!
I laugh in the face of danger and to think the silly woman thinks all I do, is fanny about with invoices!

No comments:

Post a Comment